Clashes Erupt Between Tribes And IS Militants in Egypt's Sinai
Egyptian security officials say three people have been injured in clashes between militants and local tribes in the Sinai peninsula.
In this file photo, a girl walks on a pier at the Red Sea beach town of Taba, in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula. Israel has closed its Taba border crossing to Egypt on Monday, April 10, 2017, following a warning by its anti-terrorism office of an "imminent" militant attack there. (Photo: AP)
El-Arish (Egypt): Egyptian security officials say three people have been injured in clashes between militants and local tribes in the Sinai peninsula.
The officials told The Associated Press Monday that militants from the Islamic State group launched RPG attacks Sunday in response to the kidnapping of three of its members by local tribes.
The official sources spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to brief the media. The tribal sources requested anonymity for fear of reprisal.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli's Intent in Tests Is a Sign of Indian Cricket's Evolution
- England's Ashes Hopes Rest On Surviving Another Gabba Mauling
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition Launched for Rs 5.44 Lakh
- The Crown Season 2: Masaba, Swara Brighten Netflix Show's Global Premiere in London
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown