Clashes Erupt Between Tribes And IS Militants in Egypt's Sinai
Egyptian security officials say three people have been injured in clashes between militants and local tribes in the Sinai peninsula.
In this file photo, a girl walks on a pier at the Red Sea beach town of Taba, in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula. Israel has closed its Taba border crossing to Egypt on Monday, April 10, 2017, following a warning by its anti-terrorism office of an "imminent" militant attack there. (Photo: AP)
El-Arish (Egypt): Egyptian security officials say three people have been injured in clashes between militants and local tribes in the Sinai peninsula.
The officials told The Associated Press Monday that militants from the Islamic State group launched RPG attacks Sunday in response to the kidnapping of three of its members by local tribes.
The official sources spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to brief the media. The tribal sources requested anonymity for fear of reprisal.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open: World Number 1 Rafael Nadal Storms into Third Round
- Brazil Legend Ronaldinho Hangs Up His Boots, Says Brother
- Let's Take Padmaavat For What It Is- A Film, Not A Community Validation Stamp
- 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift - All You Need to Know - Price, Features, Mileage [Video]
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods