Companies Leaving the US Will Face 'Consequences': Donald Trump
File image of Donald Trump. (Image: Reuters)
Indianapolis: US firms that relocate abroad will be punished under Donald Trump's administration, the president-elect warned today as he announced a deal with air conditioning manufacturer Carrier to keep jobs in the country.
"Companies are not going to leave the United States anymore without consequences. Not going to happen," Trump told workers at the Carrier plant in Indianapolis in his first major public remarks since winning the White House.
"They can leave from state to state, and negotiate deals with different states, but leaving the country will be very, very difficult," Trump added.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 vs Huawei Honor 6X: Which One to Look Out For?
- Virat Kohli and Co Thank Pune for Hospitality as They Head to Cuttack
- Bigg Boss 10: Om Swami to be a Part of Show's Finale
- Somdev Devvarman Tears Into AITA in an Open Letter - Read Here
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment