DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Dawn Leaks: Nawaz Sharif's Special Advisor Held Responsible
File photo of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's Special Assistant on Foreign Affair Tariq Fatemi is expected to be removed from his position due to his alleged role in "leaking" to Dawn newspaper vital information from a National Security meet alleging a confrontation between the civil and military leadership, the media reported.
The government had set up an inquiry committee last year to probe the controversy surrounding a controversial report by daily Dawn about a key meeting on national security, Daily Pakistan reported.
Earlier, the committee removed Pervaiz Rasheed as Information Broadcasting Minister following the scandal.
Sources said the report will be presented to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the next three to four days, and that in its wake it will now be difficult for Fatemi to maintain his position.
The committee, headed by Justice (retd) Aamir Raza Khan, included representatives of the Intelligence Bureau, the Military Intelligence and the Inter-Services Investigation.
The Office of the Prime Minister strongly denied the contents and rejected it as a fabrication.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Sachin Tendulkar Sends Invite To Bollywood Bigwigs For Biopic Premier
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish