Donald Trump Weighs in on Cuban Leader's Death: 'Fidel Castro is Dead!'
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Washington: President-elect Donald Trump on Saturday weighed in on the death of Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, tweeting simply "Fidel Castro is dead!"
Fidel Castro is dead!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 26, 2016
Castro died aged 90 after defying the United States during a half-century of iron-fisted rule.
During his campaign, Trump threatened if elected to reverse the historic rapprochement between the two countries realised under President Barack Obama.
"All of the concessions that Barack Obama has granted the Castro regime were done through executive order, which means the next president can reverse them and that I will do unless the Castro regime meets our demands," he said in September.
"Those demands will include religious and political freedom for the Cuban people and the freeing of political prisoners," he added.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Races Past 2,00,000 Unit Sales Within 20 Months
- Tubelight BO Collection: Salman's Film Mints Rs 66 cr on Day 3
- Team India Coach: Mahela Jayawardene Says He is Not In the Race
- Honor 8 Pro vs OnePlus 5: What Their Dual-Camera Will Offer
- Superstitious Yuvraj Wears Champions Trophy Jersey Against Windies