Donald Trump Weighs in on Cuban Leader's Death: 'Fidel Castro is Dead!'
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Washington: President-elect Donald Trump on Saturday weighed in on the death of Cuban revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, tweeting simply "Fidel Castro is dead!"
Fidel Castro is dead!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 26, 2016
Castro died aged 90 after defying the United States during a half-century of iron-fisted rule.
During his campaign, Trump threatened if elected to reverse the historic rapprochement between the two countries realised under President Barack Obama.
"All of the concessions that Barack Obama has granted the Castro regime were done through executive order, which means the next president can reverse them and that I will do unless the Castro regime meets our demands," he said in September.
"Those demands will include religious and political freedom for the Cuban people and the freeing of political prisoners," he added.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Warns Virat Kohli Not to Shave Off his Beard
- LG G6 vs Samsung Galaxy S8: It's Beauty vs Toughness
- Sagarika Ghatge: Meet The Gorgeous, Talented Fiancee of Zaheer Khan
- Maruti Suzuki DZire Launch on May 16; Will No Longer Have 'Swift' in its Name
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It