Fidel Castro's Funeral On December 4, His Ashes To Be Buried In Santiago
In this March 15, 1995 file photo, then Cuban president Fidel Castro gestures during a tour of Paris. (Photo: Reuters/Charles Platiau)
Cuban government Havana: Cuba declared nine days of public mourning on Saturday for its late revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, and said his ashes will be buried at a ceremony on December 4 in Santiago de Cuba.
From November 26 to December 4, "Public activities and shows will cease, the national flag will fly at half mast on public buildings and military installations," a statement from the state executive said.
Fidel Castro was one of the most iconic personalities of the 20th century. India mourns the loss of a great friend.
— NarendraModi(@narendramodi) November 26, 2016
Castro's ashes will be buried in the historic southeastern city of Santiago on December 4 after a four-day procession through the country, it added. President Raul Castro earlier said that his older brother Fidel was to be cremated early on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- West Indies vs India: Dwayne Bravo Pays Surprise Visit To Tourists
- Top 5 Upcoming SUVs in India in 2017 - Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford Ecosport and More
- Mubarakan Title Track: Anil-Arjun Present to You the New Party Anthem
- Pehredaar Piya Ki Promo Sees An Adult Woman Married To a Kid, Cue In The Cringes
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats