Fidel Castro's Funeral On December 4, His Ashes To Be Buried In Santiago
Cuba declared nine days of public mourning on Saturday for its late revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, and said his ashes will be buried at a ceremony on December 4 in Santiago de Cuba.
In this March 15, 1995 file photo, then Cuban president Fidel Castro gestures during a tour of Paris. (Photo: Reuters/Charles Platiau)
Cuban government Havana: Cuba declared nine days of public mourning on Saturday for its late revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, and said his ashes will be buried at a ceremony on December 4 in Santiago de Cuba.
From November 26 to December 4, "Public activities and shows will cease, the national flag will fly at half mast on public buildings and military installations," a statement from the state executive said.
Fidel Castro was one of the most iconic personalities of the 20th century. India mourns the loss of a great friend.
— NarendraModi(@narendramodi) November 26, 2016
Castro's ashes will be buried in the historic southeastern city of Santiago on December 4 after a four-day procession through the country, it added. President Raul Castro earlier said that his older brother Fidel was to be cremated early on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Ban to Stay, Government to Take Next Step After Studying SC Order: MP Home Minister
- 7 Common Foods that Cause Congestion
- OBIT | Kashinath Was a One Man Film School, Writes Kannada Superstar Upendra
- 'We Have Jobs To Do': Twitter Rejects Milind Soman's 7-Hour Marathon Proposal
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods