Fidel Castro's Funeral On December 4, His Ashes To Be Buried In Santiago
In this March 15, 1995 file photo, then Cuban president Fidel Castro gestures during a tour of Paris. (Photo: Reuters/Charles Platiau)
Cuban government Havana: Cuba declared nine days of public mourning on Saturday for its late revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, and said his ashes will be buried at a ceremony on December 4 in Santiago de Cuba.
From November 26 to December 4, "Public activities and shows will cease, the national flag will fly at half mast on public buildings and military installations," a statement from the state executive said.
Fidel Castro was one of the most iconic personalities of the 20th century. India mourns the loss of a great friend.
— NarendraModi(@narendramodi) November 26, 2016
Castro's ashes will be buried in the historic southeastern city of Santiago on December 4 after a four-day procession through the country, it added. President Raul Castro earlier said that his older brother Fidel was to be cremated early on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- IPL 2017: Chairman Rajeev Shukla to Miss Auction in Bengaluru