Food Poisoning Strikes 300 Students in China
File image of a school in China. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Beijing: More than 300 children have been treated in China for food poisoning, raising concerns over the sanitary conditions in school canteens.
According to the county government of Zhengding in Hebei province, 74 students who showed the most serious symptoms were hospitalised on Tuesday night, but none face life-threatening danger.
The students are from 27 classes at Hongwen primary school, which has 35 classes, Xinhua news agency reported.
Hospital diagnosis showed the students were suffering from food poisoning.
Authorities have been investigating the causes of the incident.
Recommended For You
- CHAMPIONS!Women's T20 Asia Cup: India beat Pakistan by 17 Runs to Clinch Title
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- It's Showtime!Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer is Here and Baby Groot Owns It
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet