France Foils 'Imminent, Violent' Attack Ahead of Presidential Vote
PARIS: Two Frenchmen were arrested in the southern port city of Marseille on Tuesday morning for planning an "imminent and violent attack" ahead of the first round of the presidential election, France's interior minister said.
"These two radicalised men, born in 1987 and 1993, of French nationality, intended to commit in the very short-term - by that I mean in the coming days - an attack on French soil," minister Matthias Fekl told a news conference.
Fekl said police were carrying out searches and that security surrounding the elections and the candidates had been strengthened.
Recommended For You
- Stand Up Comedian Accuses The Kapil Sharma Show of Plagiarising His Joke
- New Maruti Suzuki DZire to Launch on May 16; Will No Longer Have 'Swift' in its Name
- LG G6 Launched in India for Rs 51,990: All You Need to Know
- Harbhajan Singh Becomes Third Indian To Take 200 Wickets In T20 Cricket
- Meet Jackie Shroff's Daughter Krishna, Who Can Give Bollywood Actresses a Run For Their Money