France Warns of Russian Cyber-Attacks During Presidential Campaign
Representative image. (Image: Getty Images)
Paris: French authorities have warned the officials of the country's political parties of potential Russian cyber-attacks during the presidential election campaign, local media reports said.
Suspicions arose from incidents during the recent presidential elections in the US which involved hacking the private email account of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton when she was secretary of state, Efe news agency reported.
France reiterated Germany's concerns over possible cyber-attacks, as the latter is also holding its legislative elections in September next year.
The director of France's national agency of IT security Guillaume Poupard, estimates that cyber-attacks can have a real impact and change the voting results.
Elections are scheduled to be held in 2017.
Recommended For You
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- What’s new?OnePlus 3T Launched at Rs 29,999: All You Need to Know
- Film ReviewMoana Movie Review: This Disney Adventure is Magical and Inspirational
- Creative!Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai Makes It To The IIT Guwahati Examination Paper
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet