Gunman Bursts Into French Monks' Home, Knifes Elderly Woman to Death
The French gendarmerie says a masked gunman has burst into a retirement home for monks in southern France and killed an elderly woman with a knife.
Firefighters and ambulances are seen in the village of Montferrier-sur-Lez in southern France on Friday. (AP Photo)
Paris: The French gendarmerie says a masked gunman has burst into a retirement home for monks in southern France and killed an elderly woman with a knife.
The press service for the national military police couldn't immediately say whether the incident is linked to a terror act or not.
A press official said early Friday that more than 100 members of the security forces have been dispatched on the scene in the village of Montferrier-sur-Lez, near the southern town of Montpellier.
The body of the deceased woman was found gagged and tied up outside the building, the official said.
The security forces searched the four floors of the residence but did not find the assailant. Research was continuing in other parts. The official said 59 monks are out of danger.
Recommended For You
- In Rajkumar Hirani's Films, I Can Spread My Wings and Develop a Character: Boman Irani
- News18.com Announces The Jury Members For Its Annual Tech & Auto Awards
- The Crown Season 2: Masaba, Swara Brighten Netflix Show's Global Premiere in London
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank