'Incoming Pak Army Chief Has 'Zero Presence' on Social Media'
Lt General Qamar Javed Bajwa takes charge on November 29.
In an unusual move, Pakistan's military on Sunday said army chief designate General Qamar Javed Bajwa has 'zero presence' on social media and any accounts under his name are fake.
"#COAS designate Gen Qamar Bajwa has zero presence on social media. All Facebook / Twitter & other social media platforms IDs & accounts on his name are fake," Lt.Gen Asim Saleem Bajwa, head of the military's media wing, tweeted.
The unusual tweet came just a day after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif appointed Gen Bajwa as Pakistan's new chief of army staff (COAS). He will replace Gen Raheel Sharif, 60, on November 29 who had a three year stint.
The army's spokesperson also announced that a formal change of command ceremony will be held on Tuesday at the army's general headquarters (GHQ) to welcome the incoming chief.
According to reports, newly appointed Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJSC) Gen Zubair Mehmood Hayat will take charge tomorrow, a day before the ceremony.
Recommended For You
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- What’s new?OnePlus 3T Launched at Rs 29,999: All You Need to Know
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- Creative!Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai Makes It To The IIT Guwahati Examination Paper