Indian-American Jailed for Stealing From Employer
A 45-year-old Indian-American has been sentenced to 20 months in prison for defrauding a bank and stealing more than USD 484,000 from his employer.
Houston: A 45-year-old Indian-American has been sentenced to 20 months in prison for defrauding a bank and stealing more than USD 484,000 from his employer.
Andhavarapu, who was living in Conroe in Texas, was sentenced to 20 months in prison and 3 years of supervised release for stealing more than USD 484,000 from Weatherford and its subsidiary EProduction Solutions.
The FBI conducted the investigation.
US District Judge Keith P Ellison, who accepted the guilty plea, said Andhavarapu abused a position of trust as a financial controller which facilitated his commission of the crime.
Andhavarapu then stole refund cheques made out to and belonging to his employer and deposited them in the accounts he had created.
As part of his plea, Andhavarapu admitted he stole a total of USD 484,873.
He will remain in custody pending transfer to a US Bureau of Prisons facility to be determined at a later date, the statement said.
Recommended For You
- Super 30: Makers of Hrithik Roshan Starrer To Spend Rs 10 Cr To Recreate Bihar in Mumbai?
- SL T20s: Bhuvneshwar, Bumrah's Workload to be Discussed, Focus on Kohli Too
- Sridevi's Daughter Khushi Kapoor is a Fashionista in the Making; See Pics
- Reliance Jio Ranked 17th Among World's 50 Most Innovative Companies
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4 Review: A Complete LED Smart TV For Rs 39,999 in 2018