Iran, North Korea Officials Call For Strengthening Relationship
Larijani was addressing Choe Thae-bok, visiting chairman of North Korea's Supreme People's Assembly. (Photo AFP)
Tehran: Officials from both countries say Iran and North Korea want to strengthen relations.
A report on Sunday by ICANA.Ir, the news agency of Iran's Parliament, quotes parliament speaker Ali Larijani as saying: "We have always been after stability of relations with North Korea."
Larijani was addressing Choe Thae-bok, visiting chairman of North Korea's Supreme People's Assembly. He also said both countries should improve economic relations.
Thae-bok responded, saying: "North Korea is seeking improved relations with Iran." He also praised Iran's economic and defense improvements.
The report said both officials complained about "interventions in independent countries" by the United States.
Thae-book is in Iran to participate in an international conference in support of the Palestinians.
Recommended For You
- Nehra Turns 38: Sachin, Sehwag Lead the Way in Wishing the Pacer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Sunderland Relegated from Premier League After 10 Seasons
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her
- IPL 2017: GL vs MI - Star of the Match - Jasprit Bumrah