DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
IS Claims Egypt Attack; 1 Policeman Dead, 3 Injured
Damage from the explosion inside Cairo's Coptic Orthodox Cathedral is seen inside the cathedral in Cairo, Egypt REUTERS (File photo)
Cairo: A policeman was killed and three others were injured after suspected Islamic State terrorists opened fire on a security checkpoint near Saint Catharine monastery in Egypt's South Sinai, the Ministry of Interior has said.
The gunmen targeted a security checkpoint outside the monastery where they exchanged fire with police forces, a statement by the ministry said.
In retaliatory firing by police, some attackers were injured which forced them to flee, the statement added.
The injured have been transferred to Sharm El-Shiekh International Hospital for treatment, security officials said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses