Joe Lieberman a Front-runner For FBI Job, Says Donald Trump
File image of Joe Lieberman. (Image: Reuters)
Washington: US President Donald Trump indicated on Thursday that onetime Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Lieberman is the favourite to become the next head of the FBI, after the shock dismissal of James Comey.
Asked whether the 75-year-old was a frontrunner, Trump responded "yes" -- confirming Lieberman's surprise candidacy.
In 2008, Lieberman endorsed Republican John McCain.
The choice of a new FBI director will be closely scrutinised with the administration thrown into turmoil by a succession of stunning allegations against Trump, most damagingly that he may have obstructed justice by asking Comey to drop a probe into one of his top advisors.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli & Co Smash World Record During Windies ODI
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Races Past 2,00,000 Unit Sales Within 20 Months
- Team India Coach: Mahela Jayawardene Says He is Not In the Race
- 12 of Bollywood's Eid Releases That Created Box Office Records
- Superstitious Yuvraj Wears Champions Trophy Jersey Against Windies