DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Joe Lieberman a Front-runner For FBI Job, Says Donald Trump
File image of Joe Lieberman. (Image: Reuters)
Washington: US President Donald Trump indicated on Thursday that onetime Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Lieberman is the favourite to become the next head of the FBI, after the shock dismissal of James Comey.
Asked whether the 75-year-old was a frontrunner, Trump responded "yes" -- confirming Lieberman's surprise candidacy.
In 2008, Lieberman endorsed Republican John McCain.
The choice of a new FBI director will be closely scrutinised with the administration thrown into turmoil by a succession of stunning allegations against Trump, most damagingly that he may have obstructed justice by asking Comey to drop a probe into one of his top advisors.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes