Judge Rejects US Request to Clarify Order Halting Travel Ban
A federal judge has rejected the US government's request to clarify his temporary order blocking President Donald Trump's revised travel ban.
File image of Donald Trump. (Image: Reuters)
Honolulu: A federal judge has rejected the US government's request to clarify his temporary order blocking President Donald Trump's revised travel ban.
US District Judge Derrick Watson on Sunday said nothing was unclear about his order and the government can't ask for a distinction that officials failed to make in earlier briefs and arguments, according to online court records.
Two days later, the Justice Department asked Watson to clarify that the order only applied to the ban on travel from six mostly Muslim countries and not a global freeze on refugees entering the United States.
Watson asked federal officials and Hawaii yesterday how they want to proceed regarding a possible extension of his order.
Trump has called the Hawaii ruling an example of "unprecedented judicial overreach" and has indicated it will be appealed.
Similar cases are being heard in federal courts in Washington state and Maryland. In all, more than half a dozen states are trying to block the travel ban.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: Hina Khan Challenges Karan Patel; Actor Tweets 'Miss Grace' is Jealous
- Remembering Raj Kapoor: 15 Memorable Films Of The Greatest Showman of Hindi Cinema
- Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma's Reception Card Is As Perfect As Their Wedding, See Pic
- Triumph Bonneville Bobber Review: The Best Motorcycle in India For Less Than Rs 10 Lakh?
- How to Improve Your Child's IQ during 6 different Stages?