Man Behind 'Don't Go General Raheel' Campaign Commits Suicide
File photo of outgoing Pakistan Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif. (Reuters)
Islamabad: An elderly man, who was pleading for extension in tenure of former army chief General Raheel Sharif, committed suicide, his son claimed on Wednesday.
Latif Shibli was on hunger strike at Karachi Press Club for the last one month as wanted the former army chief to change his decision to retire at the end of his term, Pakistan Today reported.
"Don't go, General Raheel Sharif," his campaign banner read.
According to Latif Shibli's son, his father died on Wednesday after consuming poison as he was heartbroken over the general's decision.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- MILESTONE MANIndia vs England: Ravichandran Ashwin Equals Kapil Dev's Mark of 23 Five-Wicket Hauls