Man Behind 'Don't Go General Raheel' Campaign Commits Suicide
File photo of outgoing Pakistan Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif. (Reuters)
Islamabad: An elderly man, who was pleading for extension in tenure of former army chief General Raheel Sharif, committed suicide, his son claimed on Wednesday.
Latif Shibli was on hunger strike at Karachi Press Club for the last one month as wanted the former army chief to change his decision to retire at the end of his term, Pakistan Today reported.
"Don't go, General Raheel Sharif," his campaign banner read.
According to Latif Shibli's son, his father died on Wednesday after consuming poison as he was heartbroken over the general's decision.
Recommended For You
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- Wedding bells?Bigg Boss 10: Mona Lisa's Boyfriend to Enter the House to Propose to Her
- Virat SpeakVirat Kohli Interview: Captain Speaks For the First Time
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know