Man Chokes to Death During Doughnut Eating Challenge
A man trying to eat a half-pound doughnut in 80 seconds as part of a doughnut shop's eating challenge has choked to death in Denver.
Images of the baked goods available adorn the windows of the storefront of Voodoo Doughnuts on East Colfax Avenue in Denver on Tuesday.(Image: AP)
Denver: A man trying to eat a half-pound doughnut in 80 seconds as part of a doughnut shop's eating challenge has choked to death in Denver.
The city coroner's office says 42-year-old Travis Malouff of Thornton died early Sunday of asphyxia due to obstruction of the airway.
Edelstein says people tried to help him when they realized he was choking. The coroner's office said Malouff died at the scene.
Portland, Oregon-based Voodoo Doughnuts didn't immediately return calls or emails seeking comment.
Denver news station KUSA-TV first reported Malouff's death.
Recommended For You
- Is Ranveer Singh The Best Kisser? Here’s What Deepika Padukone Has To Say
- Prateik Babbar is Engaged to Sanya Sagar, See Pic
- Exclusive Interview: Star India Aiming to Unlock IPL's Hidden Potential By Increasing Fan Base
- All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift First Drive Review: Everything Done Right
- Golden Globes Black Outfits To Be Auctioned To Support #TimesUp Movement