Manchester Airport Terminal Evacuated Over 'Unattended Bag'
Terminal 2 at Manchester Airport has been evacuated after security officers spotted an unattended bag on Saturday.
Image for representation only.
New Delhi: Terminal 2 of the Manchester Airport was evacuated on Friday after security officers and passengers spotted an unattended bag.
A 'controlled evacuation' took place at the terminal after the suspicious package was found, according to media reports.
A Manchester airport spokesman said, "The evacuation process is a standard operating procedure. As always, the safety of all of our passengers is of paramount importance and we will provide an update on the situation as soon as possible."
The evacuation comes just few weeks after a bomb blast at the Manchester Arena during a concert by pop star Ariana Grande. Twenty-two people were killed in the terror attack on May 23.
Recommended For You
- South Africa's AB de Villiers Ruled Out of T20 Series Against India
- NBA Looking to Bring Pre-season to India to Tap Growing Market
- Under The Skin, Behind The Scenes: Creating Fashion Week's Glamorous Makeup Looks
- Petra Kvitova Knocks Out Wozniacki to Set Up Qatar Final With Muguruza
- Randhir Kapoor Calls Out Paparazzi, Says 'Now Everyone Recognises Taimur's Maid Also'