Not Behind Recent Hacks: Russia Denies Meddling in US Presidential Elections
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov at a news conference on September 23, 2016. (PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS)
Moscow: Russian officials have vigorously rejected accusations of meddling in the US presidential elections and dismissed allegations that Moscow was behind a series of recent hacks on US institutions.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in an interview with television network CNN on Wednesday that while "everybody in the United States is saying that it is Russia which is running the (US) presidential election," there are no facts supporting the allegation.
FULL COVERAGE: US Presidential Elections 2016
The US last week accused Russia of coordinating the theft and disclosure of emails from the Democratic National Committee and other institutions and individuals in the US to influence the outcome of the election.
President Vladimir Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, told reporters on Wednesday that such claims were "absurd" and said Russia remains committed to efforts to combat cyberterrorism.
Recommended For You
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
- Here's How Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Shedding Her Post-Pregnancy Weight
- Virat Kohli Says He is No Longer Friends With Australian Cricketers
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?