Not Behind Recent Hacks: Russia Denies Meddling in US Presidential Elections
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov at a news conference on September 23, 2016. (PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS)
Moscow: Russian officials have vigorously rejected accusations of meddling in the US presidential elections and dismissed allegations that Moscow was behind a series of recent hacks on US institutions.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in an interview with television network CNN on Wednesday that while "everybody in the United States is saying that it is Russia which is running the (US) presidential election," there are no facts supporting the allegation.
FULL COVERAGE: US Presidential Elections 2016
The US last week accused Russia of coordinating the theft and disclosure of emails from the Democratic National Committee and other institutions and individuals in the US to influence the outcome of the election.
President Vladimir Putin's spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, told reporters on Wednesday that such claims were "absurd" and said Russia remains committed to efforts to combat cyberterrorism.
Recommended For You
- BOOM BOOM BECKERTennis Legend Boris Becker to Visit India in December
- SPIN TO WINIndia vs England: Wankhede Track Will Be Slow Turner, Says MCA Source
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet