Pak Envoy Terms Obama a guest; 'Ridiculous', says US
US President Barack Obama speaks during a campaign event for US Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in Greensboro. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Washington: The recent comment made by a visiting Pakistan envoy that the outgoing American President Barack Obama is now just a guest at the White House is "ridiculous", the US has said.
"That's a ridiculous comment," State Department Deputy Spokesman Mark Toner told reporters on Thursday when asked about the remark made by the visiting Special Envoy of the Pakistan Prime Minister on Kashmir Issues Mushahid Hussain Syed here last week.
"Obama is a guest for the next few months," Syed had said in response to a question about his expectations from the US government during a panel discussion on Kashmir at the
Atlantic Council, a US think-tank.
Syed turned his answer to the next US administration after being asked the American government, underlying that the current incumbent was outgoing.
"What Pakistan would like from the US - and I'm talking of the incoming administration because Obama is a guest for the next few months, 20th of January 2017, there will be a new administration - that they have to see the region where they have a more comprehensive perspective and do not try to compartmentalise peace and security, because that is not possible," Syed had said.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan To Turn Showstopper For Anita Dongre's LFW Finale Show
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Outlasts Zverev in Titanic Battle
- Why Sushant Singh Rajput Is The Most Promising Bollywood Actor Right Now
- HIL 2017: Nikkin's Late Goal Earns 3-3 Draw for Dabang Mumbai in Opener