Pak Envoy Terms Obama a guest; 'Ridiculous', says US
The recent comment made by a visiting Pakistan envoy that the outgoing American President Barack Obama is now just a guest at the White House is "ridiculous", the US has said.
US President Barack Obama speaks during a campaign event for US Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in Greensboro. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Washington: The recent comment made by a visiting Pakistan envoy that the outgoing American President Barack Obama is now just a guest at the White House is "ridiculous", the US has said.
"That's a ridiculous comment," State Department Deputy Spokesman Mark Toner told reporters on Thursday when asked about the remark made by the visiting Special Envoy of the Pakistan Prime Minister on Kashmir Issues Mushahid Hussain Syed here last week.
"Obama is a guest for the next few months," Syed had said in response to a question about his expectations from the US government during a panel discussion on Kashmir at the
Syed turned his answer to the next US administration after being asked the American government, underlying that the current incumbent was outgoing.
"What Pakistan would like from the US - and I'm talking of the incoming administration because Obama is a guest for the next few months, 20th of January 2017, there will be a new administration - that they have to see the region where they have a more comprehensive perspective and do not try to compartmentalise peace and security, because that is not possible," Syed had said.
Recommended For You
- British Singer Ed Sheeran Gets Engaged to Childhood Friend Cherry Seaborn
- Filmfare Awards 2018 Red Carpet: Ranveer, Shahid, Alia and Kajol Outdo Fashion Classics
- When Arijit Singh Attempted to Sing Nadaan Parindey and Failed Miserably
- THE TIPPLING POINT | Can't Go to Finland? Bring it Home in This Carefully Sculpted Bottle
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More