Train Collision in Iran Kills 31 People
Representative Images. (Getty Images)
Tehran: An Iranian official has told state TV that the death toll from a train collision in the country's north has increased to 31.
The provincial governor, Mohammad Reza Khabbaz, says that so far 31 bodies have been found at the site of the crash on Friday morning. Earlier, eight people were reported to have been killed.
State TV said accident happened in subzero temperatures when a passenger train that was in motion hit another that had stopped at a station about 250 kilometers (150 miles) east of the capital, Tehran.
Pir Hossein Kolivand, who runs Iran's emergency department, says that 80 people who were injured in the collision were all in hospital. He says many of them only suffered minor injuries.
Recommended For You
- TRANS-TASMAN RIVALRYAustralia Vs New Zealand, 1st ODI, Live Score: Kiwis Need 325 to Win
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- It's Showtime!Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer is Here and Baby Groot Owns It
- HEARTBROKENReal Madrid Equaliser a "Jug of Cold Water" For Barcelona's Luis Enrique
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding