DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Train Collision in Iran Kills 31 People
Representative Images. (Getty Images)
Tehran: An Iranian official has told state TV that the death toll from a train collision in the country's north has increased to 31.
The provincial governor, Mohammad Reza Khabbaz, says that so far 31 bodies have been found at the site of the crash on Friday morning. Earlier, eight people were reported to have been killed.
State TV said accident happened in subzero temperatures when a passenger train that was in motion hit another that had stopped at a station about 250 kilometers (150 miles) east of the capital, Tehran.
Pir Hossein Kolivand, who runs Iran's emergency department, says that 80 people who were injured in the collision were all in hospital. He says many of them only suffered minor injuries.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong