Russia's Putin Plays Piano as He Awaits Talks With Xi
Russian President Vladimir Putin played piano while awaiting Chinese leader Xi Jinping for bilateral talks in Beijing on Sunday.
Russian President Vladimir Putin plays piano before meeting Chinese leader Xi Jinping on the first day of the Belt and Road Forum in Beijing on May 14, 2017. (Photo courtesy: Sputnik/Aleksey Nikolskyi/Kremlin via Reuters)
Beijing: Russian President Vladimir Putin played piano while awaiting Chinese leader Xi Jinping for bilateral talks in Beijing on Sunday.
Putin spoke earlier on Sunday at a summit on China's new Silk Road plan. He later arrived at state Diaoyutai residence for talks with Xi and other leaders.
While waiting for his bilateral with Xi to begin, Putin played several chords. According to TASS news agency and state Russian television, Putin played passages from Soviet-era songs about Moscow and St Petersburg.
The 64-year-old former KGB spy has demonstrated his skills on the piano in the past although he has mostly cultivated a macho image. That included riding a horse in Siberia, piloting firefighting planes and diving in submersible into the depths of Lake Baikal and Black Sea off Crimea coast.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli - The Records Indian Captain Broke at Wankhede
- Amitabh Bachchan Wraps KBC 9, Thanks Audience for Making It a 'Historic Event'
- WhatsApp Live Location: Say Hi to This New Feature to Sour Your Relationships
- 2018 Audi A7 Sportback Unveiled
- With No Money, No House, No Future, Parents Dead, I Did What I Felt Like Doing: Shah Rukh Khan