US Needs to be Careful of Radical Islamic Terrorism, Extreme Vetting a Must: Trump
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump addresses an audience.
Edison (US): Donald Trump has asserted that the US needs to be "very careful" about radical Islamic terror and "extreme vetting" must be done before allowing people in to the country, a controversial stand taken by the Republican presidential nominee that has made immigrants jittery.
Outlining his policy to tackle terrorism, the 70-year-old billionaire said, "We have to be very, very careful (about radical Islamic terror). We have to have extreme vetting before we let people in... We want people to come in to the country but they have to come in legally."
"Something is going on that's not positive force. We are going to be looking very much at certain areas of the world.
We have to very careful with radical Islamic terror. We can be politically correct and say it doesn't matter but it does matter," he told NDTV when asked if he has given up his plan to ban all Muslims from entering the United States.
Trump also said he has great respect for Indians and Hindus, as he stepped up to address an event attended by the Indian American community in New Jersey.
"I have great respect for Hindus. I have so many friends that are Hindu. They are great people, amazing entrepreneurs," Trump said.
Prodded further about India's diverse demographics, he said, "I'll be honest, I have great respect for India. I actually have (real estate) jobs going up in India...
tremendously successful. It is an amazing country."
The event, organised by the Republican Hindu Coalition, saw Trump, reach out to Indian American community.
Trump also spoke about the Indo-Pak conflict, saying, "There's a tremendous conflict between India and Pakistan.
Just recently you had (the Uri attack)... a lot of people killed... Hopefully everything is going to work out."
Speaking about his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton's email scandal and whether she should be sent to jail, Trump said, "What she did is absolutely unlawful....she sees her emails and she deletes them. That is pretty bad but there are other things. If you look at all the crimes committed, certainly she should be in trouble."
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL