Who is General Qamar Javed Bajwa? 10 Things To Know
In this November 16, 2016 photo, Lt. Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa (Right) and Lt. Gen. Zubair Hayat attend a military exercise in Khairpur Tamiwali, Pakistan. (AP Photo/Muhammad Yousuf)
Lieutenant General Qamar Javed Bajwa, who has been appointed as the new chief of Pakistan Army by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, will take the place of Gen Raheel Sharif who is set to retire on November 29.
Here are 10 things to know about him.
- Lieutenant General Qamar Javed Bajwa is the 16th Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan armed forces.
- Bajwa was commissioned in Pakistan Army’s Sindh Regiment in 1982.
- He is currently serving at the GHQ as Inspector General of Training and Evaluation
- The new chief of Pakistan Army belongs to the infantry’s Baloch Regiment.
- He has also commanded Pakistan Army's Corp 10 which is responsible for the area along the Line of Control (LoC).
- Bajwa has served as chief of Force Command Northern Areas.
- General Bajwa has also served with a UN mission in Congo as a brigade commander.
- Bajwa has vast experience is in Kashmir and northern areas issues.
- He has previously also remained the commandant of the Infantry School in Quetta.
- The new Chief of Army Staff was awarded Hilal-i-Imtiaz in 2011.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle