Woman's Hijab Ripped Off in Hate Attack in London
Representational Image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
London: In a racially-motivated attack, a young woman's hijab was ripped off on a busy London street in broad daylight, prompting Scotland Yard to launch a probe into the assault.
The force is treating the incident in north London as a racially motivated assault on the victim in her 20s, who was described as "shocked and distressed" by the incident.
"This was a shocking attack in broad daylight in the middle of a busy street. Racially and religiously motivated crimes will not be tolerated. I would appeal to anyone who witnessed this attack to contact police," said Detective Constable Ben Cousin of the Metropolitan Police's Haringey Community Safety Unit.
The woman was walking with another female friend on the evening of September 28 when the attack took place.
As they crossed the road, she was approached from behind by two men.
The Met police said one of them pulled down the hijab she was wearing before both fled the scene.
The first suspect is described as white, in his late 20s or early 30s, with blonde or ginger shaved hair and stubble.
Police said he was about 5 feet 6 inches and wearing a burgundy hooded top and carrying a Tesco bag in his right hand.
The second suspect was of Mediterranean appearance, in his late 20s or early 30s, and clean shaven, with spiky hair. He wore a grey hooded top.
Recommended For You
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings