Union Home Minister Amit Shah addressed a rally in Hisua in Nawada district on Sunday hours after his scheduled visit to Sashastra Seema Bal’s Patna Frontier was cancelled. At the rally, he spoke out about the cancellation of a public rally in Sasaram on Saturday.
Shah’s visit to Patna was marred by a political blame game between the BJP and the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar on Saturday after the home minister’s public rally in Sasaram was cancelled after there were ‘rumours’ of Section 144 in the city.
While the administration denied the implementation of Section 144, the BJP alleged that the Nitish Kumar government tried to deliberately stop Amit Shah’s rally.
Prohibitory orders were in place following communal tension during Ram Navami festivities at Sasaram and Nalanda on 31st March
Speaking to reporters, CM Nitish Kumar indirectly attacked the BJP and alleged that some from the saffron party were behind the violence. He ensured a thorough probe into the incidents.
On Saturday, a BJP delegation led by president Samrat Choudhary met the governor and handed over a memorandum for the violence during Shobha yatras in the two districts.
Here are updates on Amit Shah’s Bihar Visit:
- Amit Shah Addresses Rally: Shah responded to the cancellation of his rally in Sasaram on Saturday and said, “I was supposed to go to Sasaram but due to unfortunate situation people are being killed there, bullets are fired and tear-gas shelling is happening. I will come to Sasaram surely during my next visit.”
- Violence Aftermath: The Bihar police till Saturday arrested 45 people in connection with the communal violence at Sasaram and Bihar Sharif. Communal violence rocked Sasaram and Bihar Sharif towns during Ram Navami festivities.
- Security beefed up: The Union Home Ministry has decided to send additional paramilitary forces to Bihar to assist the state administration in handling the situation arising out of the violence, sources said.➤ Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday expressed concern over incidents of communal violence in Bihar, and reporetedly spoke to Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar to take stock of the situation.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s scheduled visit to Sashastra Seema Bal’s Patna Frontier on Sunday has been cancelled, a statement said.
➤ According to PTI, the function, where Shah was scheduled to dedicate to the public nine establishments of the SSB and do “bhoomi pujan" for a new Patna Frontier building, “has been cancelled because of unavoidable reasons", it said.
- Amid tensions in Bihar due to incidents of communal violence that took place on Ram Navami (March 30) in Bihar’s Sasaram, section 144 has been imposed in Nalanda’s Bihar Sharif area.
➤ 5 people were injured in the process of making crude bombs, and were seriously burnt due to an explosion. LIVE Updates
- Home Minister Amit Shah’s Schedule today: Shah is scheduled to address a public gathering at Hisua in Nawada district.
- What Happened on Saturday: BJP on Saturday cancelled the rally of Union Home Minister Amit Shah following media reports of the imposition of section 144 in Sasaram.
➤ Bihar BJP state unit alleged that the district administration imposed Section 144 at the venue and in the entire Sasaram city and said they could not organise the event owing to the order.
➤ The BJP had a pre-scheduled programme at Sasaram to celebrate the birth anniversary of Samrat Ashok.
➤ According to Rohtas district magistrate Dharmendra Kumar and superintendent of police Vineet Kumar, Section 144 was never imposed in Sasaram. But the BJP still went ahead and cancelled Shah’s event scheduled for April 2.
➤ CNN-News18 confirmed that Section 144 was not imposed in any part of Sasaram city and media reports could have played a role in cancellation of Shah’s visit to the city.
Read all the Latest India News here