Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR “#WORLDWITHOUT WATER #MISSION PAANI” (“CONTEST”)
The terms and conditions contained herein (hereinafter referred to as "Terms") apply to the Contest conducted by Network18 Media & Investments Limited ("NW18") in association with Harpic ( “Sponsor”) on its website www.news18.com (“Website”) and social media handles such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram etc. Your participation in the Contest will be construed as an acceptance of the Terms. If you do not agree to any of the Terms you should not participate in the Contest. NW18 reserves the right to modify the Terms at any time without any prior notice/intimation to participants.
- This Contest shall commence from 2nd June 2020 and shall remain valid till 5th June (1800 hours) (“Term”).
- The Contest is open for individuals within the age group of 10years till 21years, residing within the geographical territory of India. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to ensure that they are entitled to participate in this Contest, as per the applicable law.
- Employees of NW18 & its subsidiaries/group companies as well as those companies & their subsidiaries sponsoring the Contest/Contest prizes and their families are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
- To participate in the Contest, the Participants have to follow the steps as detailed herein below:
- Be a registered Twitter / Facebook / Instagram user.
- Follow News18.com & Mission Paani’s Twitter, Instagram or Facebook handles –
- News.com handles
- Mission Paani handles
- NW18 will ask contestants to submit a painting of their own, imagining a world without water. Contestants will have to share the painting and a picture of them making the painting, on their social handles tagging @CNNNews18 @MissionPaani with the hashtags #WorldWithoutWater and #MissionPaani. Each contestant can share as many entries as they want..
- All responses shall be submitted using the hashtag #MissionPaani #WorldWithoutWater .
- Amongst the best entries received, five (5) winners will be selected by NW18 at its sole discretion based on originality of concept and creativity on ‘A World Without Water’. The winners shall receive Amazon e-voucher worth INR 2,000/-(Rupees Two Thousand only) (“Prize”). Winners will be declared on a special broadcast on CNN News18 on 5th June, World Environment Day. The winners will also be notified of the same on Mission Paani’s official social handles. The Winners will also be given a special digital Mission Paani - Environment day certificates .
- It is clarified that NW18’s commitment under this Contest is subject to the number and nature of entries received. If during any part of this Contest, NW18 does not receive sufficient entries/responses, it will be at the sole discretion of NW18 to reduce the number of Prizes without any prior notice. No communication in this regard will be entertained by NW18.
- The Winners will be contacted by NW18 representative on the contact number and/or email shared by him/her on the direct message inbox. Each Winner would be contacted twice over a period of 48 hrs. In case the Winner is not reachable, NW18 reserves the right to either forfeit the Prize or pass on the Prize to another Participant without any further notice to the Winner.
- The Prize shall be redeemable as per the terms and conditions at amazon.in. It is clarified that the NW18 commitment under this Contest is subject to the number and nature of entries received. Hence, if during any part of this Contest, the NW18 does not receive sufficient entries, it will be at the sole discretion of the Organizer to reduce the number of Prizes without any prior notice. No communication in this regard will be entertained by the NW18. The winners agree to abide by the terms and conditions as may be imposed by Amazon on redemption of the Prize.
- By agreeing to participate in the Contest , the Participants grant NW18 a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, and all other standard purposes. Participants affirm and agree that their pictures/videos/footage may be used by NW18 for promotional, exhibition and/or publicity and the Participants grant to NW18 exclusive right to monetize the pictures/videos/footage taken during the course of the Contest.
- By participating in the Contest, the Participants agree and acknowledge that:
- the entries are original;
- they will have no further right whatsoever on any intellectual property right(s) associated with the entries;
- the Participants shall not raise any future claim(s)whatsoever against NW18. The Participants further agree and acknowledge that the sole right to use the entries shall exclusively lie with NW18 and NW18 shall be entitled to use these entries at any point in time for any purposes (including commercial purposes) which NW18 deems appropriate; and the Participants confirm that they waive to raise any claims whatsoever with respect to the entry submitted by the Participants.
- The discretion of selecting the Winners lies solely with NW18 and it cannot be challenged under any circumstance. The decision of NW18 in relation to the Contest shall be final and binding and no questions, correspondence, enquiries, etc. on the manner of the selection and the Contest itself from any party whatsoever will be entertained.
- NW18 may require any Winners to produce any documents at its discretion in order to confirm his / her identity before the Prize is claimable. The mode and mechanism of the prize disbursal will be communicated to the Winners by NW18. In the event, the Winner are not able to produce necessary documentation for claiming the Prize, NW18 shall select next eligible participant(s) without any obligation to current Winner.
- NW18 shall not be liable to consider any entry which has not been received in the NW18 system. No claims or objections shall be entertained in this regard.
- If applicable, all taxes and levies on the Prize as imposed by Central, State and Local government authorities including gift tax will need to be paid by the Winners and they are fully responsible in this regard for the same. Winners shall receive their respective Prize only after all amount related to the taxes and levies have been settled.
- Entries/responses/views of participants, Winners or materials sent (including participants mobile/phone number) to NW18 including feedback and other communications of any kind shall be deemed to be non-confidential. NW18 is free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display Participants & Winners feedback without limitations or obligation of any kind. NW18 is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such feedback for any purpose. NW18 reserves the right to analyze and summarize data that we collect and also reserves the right to publish, distribute, share summaries of the data collected with sponsors or other business partners without limitations or obligations of any kind.
- Mere participation in the Contest does not entitle you to win a Prize. The Winners cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. Prize is neither transferable nor exchangeable.
- The Management of NW18 & its subsidiaries/group companies reserve the right to cancel / postpone /stop this Contest at its discretion or change all or any part of terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation of any kind and being liable for any consequential losses/damages.
- The Participants & Winners of the Contest agrees that they shall indemnify, hold harmless NW18, its employees, officers or any other person in relation to any injury/damage/harm/loss suffered by them, in any manner, whatsoever in connection with the Contest and shall also not file in person/ through any family member, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum anywhere in the world against the sponsor/partners, and/or the NW18 to claim any damages or reliefs’ or otherwise.
- Nothing here in amounts to a commitment or representation by NW18 to conduct further or other Contest.
- NW18 reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing terms of the Contest, and/or withdraw the Contest and/or, change the schedule of the Contest.
- We are fully committed to following laws related to the collection of data and to our carefully considered policy on data collection. You are required to give us the correct details about yourself and NW18 will not be liable for any damages direct or indirect for any wrong addresses/information submitted.
- The decision of NW18 and / or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents with respect to the Contest, any matter related thereto including the choice of questions or the manner of choosing of winner(s) will be final and binding on all participants and no questions, correspondence, enquiries, etc. on the manner of conduct of the Contest from any party whatsoever will be entertained.
- NW18 will not be liable for any loss, claim, damage, expenses whether expressed, implied, real, consequential incurred by the candidate due to participation in the Contest.
- To the extent permitted by law, NW18 or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents, shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent on the part of NW18 or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by & construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. Any dispute including any dispute arising out of all matters with respect to the Contest are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts at Delhi only.