2017 Ford GT to Be the Fastest One Yet
The supercar can reach a maximum speed of over 300 km/h, making it the fastest Ford production vehicle to date.
Ford GT. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
The all-new Ford GT offers the highest output of any EcoBoost production engine yet, the brand has announced. Thanks to its aerodynamic efficiency and advanced ‘active dynamics' providing optimum down force and drag, the supercar can reach a maximum speed of over 300 km/h, making it the fastest Ford production vehicle to date.
A power-to-weight ratio of 2.14 kg per horsepower in U.S. specification, combined with the most advanced active suspension system, also helps, and development tests in Canada last year saw the car outperform both the McLaren 675LT and Ferrari 458 Speciale.
"We achieved considerable weight savings with the carbon fibre architecture," said Raj Nair, Ford executive vice president, global product development and chief technical officer. "We then reinvested some of that savings into where it counts most – performance, specifically, the active dynamics. The result is an even faster car."
Recommended For You
- Simmba: Ranveer Singh-Sara Ali Khan’s Tere Bin Will Take You Back to Yash Chopra’s Romantic Songs
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Ex-Couple Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande's Sweet Exchange on Instagram is Unmissable
- Have You Read What Saif Ali Khan Told Smriti Irani When She Moved to Mumbai 23 Years Ago?
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: Motorcycle Of The Year
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s