After Tesla and Volvo, Nikola Motor Company to Introduce New Electric Semi-Trucks
Already, hydrogen-powered iterations of the Nikola Two and Tre have reached the prototype stage, and example models will be on display at Nikola World 2019.
The hydrogen-electric Nikola Tre. (Image: Nikola Motor Company)
Breaking: Our CEO, @nikolatrevor will announce Nikola Two and Nikola Tre in both Hydrogen and BEV at Nikola World. You will be able to order both trucks in 500kWh, 750kWh and 1mWh options BEV. Don't miss Nikola World 2019. Hydrogen long haul, BEV short haul. #emissionsgameover— Nikola Motor Company (@nikolamotor) 8 February 2019
According to the tweet, the BEV versions of both trucks with be available in 500kWh, 750kWh and 1MWh options, which owners can select based on their need. In general, the company says that hydrogen is better for those long hauls, whereas BEV will be ideal for short hauls.
Back in November, the company announced that a prototype version of the FCV Tre will be on display at Nikola World 2019 in April equipped with, "redundant braking, redundant steering, redundant 800Vdc batteries and a redundant 120 kW hydrogen fuel cell, all necessary for true level 5 autonomy." The FCV Two will be demonstrated at the event pulling loaded trailers.
Testing for these hydrogen-powered models is expected to begin in Europe next year with production for the European and US market beginning in 2022-2023. Details regarding the BEV lineup are expected to be announced in April.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Uploads Crazy Dance Video and You'll Never Guess What Deepika Padukone Calls Him
- New Pics from Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas' 'Haldi' Ceremony are Here
- Churches No Longer Have to Hold Prayer Services Every Sunday: Canon Law
- Should-Reads: How the Potato Became a Staple of Our Meals as Well as Our Metaphors
- Will Tata Motors Name the Upcoming Harrier 7-Seater SUV as Sierra?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s