Air India Cancels Several International Flights, Spain, U.K. Route Affected
The airline said 6 international flights from Delhi to places like Birmingham have been cancelled.
National carrier Air India has cancelled several international flights on account of low passenger yields on the sectors which include Delhi-Madrid. The airline said 6 international flights from Delhi to places like Birmingham have been cancelled.
"Due to operational reasons..Air India flights are suspended w.e.f March 16, 2019 till further notice," the airline said in a statement. Route rationalistion is one the key programmes that the airline's management is running to reduce cost and infuse efficiency.
However, the development comes even as other airlines like SpiceJet cancelled flights, which has sharply pushed up airfares.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Gives Back to Tiger Shroff's Krrish Meme by Sporting Flying Jatt T-shirt
- Plumber's Re 0 Invoice for 91-Year-Old Ill Woman Earns Him Praises on Internet
- You Can Now Talk to Amazon Alexa in Hindi or Hinglish
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022