Air India Boeing 777 Flight to San Francisco Catches Fire at IGI Airport Delhi
A Delhi to San Francisco Boeing 777 flight caught fire in Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) at Delhi's IGI airport.
Air India B777 catches fire.
A Delhi to San Francisco flight caught fire in Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) yesterday late night at Delhi's IGI airport. The Boeing 777 airplane was undergoing a schedule pre-flight maintenance check and according to ANI, the fire started during the AC repair work. The aircraft was parked at the bay for the repair work and no one was injured in the incident.
#WATCH Air India Delhi to San Francisco (Boeing 777) flight caught fire in Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) yesterday at Delhi airport. Fire started during AC repair. Air India terms it minor incident, plane was empty at the time of repair work, fire was doused immediately. pic.twitter.com/Og790FVABE— ANI (@ANI) April 25, 2019
Air India termed it as a minor incident, and the fire was doused immediately. As seen in the video by ANI, fire tenders were rushed immediately to the spot and they successfully managed to put off the fire before any major damage to the aircraft.
Air India has postponed the flight as announced on Twitter - "AI-173/DEL- SFO of 25th April is postponed and will now depart at 1000LT. We apologize to our esteemed passengers for this delay."
Further details of the incident are awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- CM Arvind Kejriwal Announces Mega First-of-its-Kind 'Community Diwali' in Delhi
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000