Air New Zealand, Eva Air Awarded Best Global Carrier in Asia and South Pacific, IndiGo Only Indian Airline on List
More than one million flights were rated on a five-star scale by flyers across 500 airlines around the world.
Air New Zealand. (Image: Air NZ)
Air New Zealand and EVA Air were the big winners of the APEX Passenger Choice Awards for Asia and South Pacific which were handed out in Shanghai this week. Taiwanese carrier EVA Air took the top award for best global carrier in Asia, while Air New Zealand took three of the nine awards: best global carrier in South Pacific, best seat comfort and best cabin service.
The awards are based on passenger feedback gathered through travel-organizing app TripIt. More than one million flights were rated on a five-star scale by flyers across 500 airlines around the world. Passengers were first asked to rate their overall flight experience from one to five stars and then were invited to evaluate factors like seat comfort, cabin service, food and beverage, entertainment and Wifi.
Here are the winners:
Best Major Regional Carrier in Asia & South Pacific: Bangkok Airways
Best Low-Cost Carrier in Asia & South Pacific: IndiGo
Best Global Carrier in Asia: EVA Air
Best Global Carrier in South Pacific: Air New Zealand
Best Seat Comfort: Air New Zealand
Best Cabin Service: Air New Zealand
Best Food & Beverage: EVA Air
Best Inflight Entertainment: Singapore Airlines
Best Wi-Fi: Japan Airlines
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Scientists Just Created Picture of What Our Ancient Ancestor Looked Like Using DNA
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough