Alibaba to Offer Voice Discovery Services in Cars
The agreement, announced at CES in Shanghai this week, will see the car brands adding Tmall Genie Auto technology into its cars so that people can use voice technology to complete tasks while driving.
Representational image. (Image source: Reuters)
Chinese e-commerce, Internet and technology giant Alibaba Group has reportedly partnered with auto giants such as Renault, Audi and Honda as it works to introduce voice discovery services in China. The agreement, announced at CES in Shanghai this week, will see the car brands adding Tmall Genie Auto technology into its cars so that people can use voice technology to complete tasks while driving, The Drum reported on Tuesday.
The partnership is likely to offer car owners a range of voice-controlled services, including identification of nearby attractions and restaurants, and the ability to order items on Alibaba's retail site.
"By providing AI technologies, including speech-recognition and Natural Language Processing, Tmall Genie Auto enables car users to access an extensive in-car infotainment portfolio by tapping into Alibaba's rich content and service ecosystem," Miffy Chen, General Manager, Alibaba AI Labs, was quoted as saying by The Drum.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ayushmann Khurrana-Nushrat Bharucha's Dream Girl Song Removed from YouTube Over Copyright Issues
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Sonakshi Sinha Replies to People Trolling Her For Not Answering KBC Ramayan Question
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships