All-new BMW 5-Series Launching on 29th June, 2017
BMW is all set to launch the all-new 5-series luxury sedan in India on the coming June 29th, 2017 and will be offered in three trims – 520d, 530d and 530i.
BMW 5 Series. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
BMW is all set to launch the all-new 5-series luxury sedan in India on the coming June 29th, 2017. Revealed last year, the updated 5-series is designed by taking cues from the elder sibling, 7-series sedan and is both larger and lighter than the car outgoing 5-Series. It will be offered in three trims – 520d, 530d and 530i.
Since a lot of design elements are borrowed from the BMW 7-series, the tech will also be borrowed from the same. The new BMW 5-series is expected to get a plenty of tech such as gesture control, adaptive dampers, and a remote parking function.
BMW could offer the new 5-series with three engine options in India - a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine with 190hp output, a more powerful 3.0-litre, inline-six diesel with 265hp output and a 2.0-litre petrol unit with 252hp output, similar to the one seen under the hood of the 330i GT. All the engines will be paired with the eight-speed automatic gearbox.
While the 520d and 530i will be offered across a range of variants, the 530d is likely to be offered in the range-topping M-Sport only.
Once launched, the new 5-series will compete against the likes of the Mercedes E-class long-wheelbase, the Audi A6, the Jaguar XF and the Volvo S90.
The price of the new BMW 5-series is expected to hover in a range from Rs 52-65 lakh (ex-showroom).
Recommended For You
- Ananya Panday Turns Into Meme and She's Laughing With Fans
- Period. End of Sentence: Hope the Oscar Nomination Leads to More Awareness and Donations, Says Guneet Monga
- Pulwama Terror Attack: Javed Akhtar Replies to Imran Khan's 'There's No Evidence' Speech
- Xiaomi Mi 9 With Snapdragon 855, Triple-Cameras, And Upto 12GB RAM Announced
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series Launch: Here’s How to Watch The Live Stream
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s