Arjun Maini Becomes First Indian to Win GP3 Race
Arjun is now third in the championship with 23 points after Japan’s Nirei Fukuzumi with 29 points.
(Image Courtesy: Maini Brothers Twitter)
The 19-year-old Arjun Maini became the first Indian to win a GP3 race.
Driving for Jenzer Motorsports, the Bengaluru boy recorded his first win in two years after finishing six seconds ahead of Dorian Boccalacci and teammate Alessio Lorandi of Italy.
Earlier, Maini finished Race 1 in the seventh position but in the second race, he took lead on the opening lap. With the current victory, Arjun is now third in the championship with 23 points after Japan’s Nirei Fukuzumi with 29 points followed Maini’s teammate Alessio Lorandi of Italy.
Arjun recently joined the U.S.-owned Haas Formula One team as a development driver alongside 18-year-old American Santino Ferrucci.
He also won the Force India team's 'One in a Billion' Indian driver talent competition in 2011, which led to a season of karting in Europe.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Sonam Kapoor Shares Views on Kashmir Situation, Says 'Even This Too Shall Pass'
- Hina Khan Celebrates Independence Day in New York in Traditional Outfit