Ashok Leyland Q1 Profit Dips About 62%
Profit was 1.11 billion rupees ($17.26 million) in its fiscal first quarter ended June 30, compared with 2.91 billion rupees a year earlier.
Image for representation only. (Photo: Reuters)
Ashok Leyland Ltd posted a sharper-than-expected 61.7 percent fall in quarterly profit on Friday as the commercial vehicle manufacturer recorded an exchange loss on swap contracts. Profit was 1.11 billion rupees ($17.26 million) in its fiscal first quarter ended June 30, compared with 2.91 billion rupees a year earlier, the company said. Analysts on average had expected a profit of 1.69 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters data. The flagship company of the conglomerate Hinduja Group said it recorded a foreign exchange loss on swap contracts of 26.7 million rupees, compared with a gain of 496.7 million rupees a year earlier.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships