Auto-Component Maker Sundaram-Clayton Declares 3 Non-Working Days at Major Plants
Due to the ongoing business slowdown in the automobile industry, Sundaram Clayton declared December 28, 30 and 31 as non-working days.
Image for Representation (Source: Sundaram Clayton)
Auto-component maker Sundaram-Clayton Ltd said it has declared three days as non-working days following the business slowdown in the automobile industry. "The company's major plants have declared December 28, 30 and 31 as non-working days due to business slowdown across
sectors", the Chennai-based TVS Group company said in a filing to the stock exchanges.
Several automobile firms, including Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, Hero MotoCorp Ltd had also announced non-working days for their factories in the past due to the slowdown in the automobile sector. Early this month, commercial vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland had declared non-working days in a few plants to align production at its facilities in line with market demand.
Shares of Sundaram-Clayton Ltd were trading at Rs 2,050 apiece in the BSE this afternoon.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Gets Trolled for Grammy Dress, Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Defends Her
- Cardi B Looks Like Nemesis Nicki Minaj After Surgery, Feel Trolls
- On Data Privacy Day, Know How Facial Recognition in India is Only Going to Get Worse
- AI That Studied Photos Say Women May Look Up to 3 Years Younger With Nose Surgery
- Jadeja Takes a Cheeky Dig at Sanjay Manjrekar After His 'Player of the Match' Tweet