BHEL in Talks to Form JV with US-firm For Manufacturing Lithium-Ion Batteries in India: Geete
The government is making efforts to manufacture lithium-ion batteries in India in the next one year, Union Minister Anant Geete said earlier today.
Image for representation only. (Image: Reuters)
The government is making efforts to manufacture lithium-ion batteries in India in the next one year, and talks are on between state-run BHEL and a US firm to form a joint venture in this regard, Union Minister Anant Geete said earlier. "Right now we are importing 100 per cent lithium-ion batteries, but efforts are on towards manufacturing them in India within the next one year," Geete said, adding that talks are on between BHEL and an American firm to form a joint venture for domestic manufacturing of lithium-ion batteries.
BHEL comes under the administrative control of ministries of heavy industries. The minister also unveiled electric auto, 'KYTO', manufactured by ETO Motors in joint venture with Hong Kong-based Kyto Green Technologies.
Grayson Richards, managing director of Kyto Green Technologies, said the company plans to invest USD 10 million in India over the next two years and will make the country a hub for exporting to other nations. Lithium-ion batteries, a key component used in electric vehicles, are mostly imported from China at present.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- #AmbedkarLongLive: Twitter Fondly Remembers BR Ambedkar on His 63rd Death Anniversary
- Hyderabad Encounter: Petition Filed in NHRC Seeking Autopsy of Bodies of the Rape Accused
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game