BMW Group's 2018 Automobile Sales in India up by 13 Percent
BMW Group India delivered 11,105 cars (BMW + MINI) in 2018, registering a growth of 13 per cent as compared to 2017.
BMW logo. Image used for representational purpose. (Photo: Reuters)
BMW Group India earlier reported an automobile sales growth of 13 per cent in 2018 on a year-on-year basis. "BMW Group India delivered 11,105 cars (BMW + MINI) in 2018, registering a growth of 13 per cent as compared to 2017," the Group said in a statement.
"BMW India achieved highest ever sales of 10,405 units clocking 11 per cent growth. MINI India accelerated with unprecedented growth of 66 per cent with 700 units, further strengthening its position in the small-premium car segment."
According to the Group, by selling 2,187 motorcycles in the first full year of operations, BMW Motorrad India "has successfully created an intense demand for the ultimate riding machine". Along with automobiles and motorcycles represented through BMW, MINI and Motorrad, the Group's activities in India include financial services.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]