BMW to Raise Production Capacity to 3 Million Cars by 2020
BMW Group, which includes the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands, built 2.37 million cars last year, plans to double its production capacity in China to 600,000 cars.
BMW logo. (Photo: Reuters)
German luxury carmaker BMW Group will raise its annual production capacity to 3 million cars by 2020 and plans to build its X5 offroader in China, German daily Handelsblatt said, citing company sources familiar with the plans.
BMW Group, which includes the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands, built 2.37 million cars last year, plans to double its production capacity in China to 600,000 cars, Handelsblatt said.
In North America and Mexico, production capacity will be increased to 750,000 vehicles from 410,000, the paper said, adding that BMW brand wants to overtake rival Mercedes-Benz, which is owned by Daimler, to reclaim the volume sales crown for premium carmakers.
BMW declined to comment on the Handelsblatt report.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- 'Down to Earth': Justin Bieber Fell Off a Unicycle and Internet Had a Great Laugh
- Watch: Ducklings Enjoy Makeshift Water Slide Leaving Netizens Amused
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work