BMW to Spend 5-6 Percent of Revenue on R&D in 2017-2019: CFO
BMW is developing electric, autonomous and connected cars in addition to developing vehicles with combustion engines.
BMW logo. Image used for representational purpose. (Photo: Reuters)
BMW will maintain high levels of research and development (R&D) spending until 2019 and streamline its manufacturing process to offset higher investments, Chief Financial Officer Nicolas Peter said on Wednesday. BMW is developing electric, autonomous and connected cars in addition to developing vehicles with combustion engines to meet more stringent emissions tests. In recent years BMW has invested around 5 percent of its revenue in R&D, or around 5 billion euros in 2016.
"The next three years will be between 5.5 percent and 6 percent," Peter said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone's Candid Pic with Fan Leads to 'Who is Dressed Better' Question
- Salman Khan Promises Tatkal Ticket to Finale in Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Jio Effect: Airtel May Offer Free Android STB, HD LED TV with Broadband, DTH Plans
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel