BMW's New M5 Competition Delivers 625-hp
Following on from the M2 Competition, this latest M5 model is the second in the new separate range.
BMW M5 Competition. (Image: AFP Relaxnews)
The highly anticipated sportier version of the new BMW M5 has been officially unveiled and the first shipments are expected this summer. This new model has added power, but that's not the only difference.
The Competition's twin-turbo V8 engine bumps the power up to 625-hp. This, combined with a Steptronic eight-speed automatic gearbox results in high-performance acceleration of 0-100 km/h in 3.3s and 0-200 km/h in 10.8s, plus a top speed of 250 km/h. With the optional M Driver's package, top speeds can even get up to 305 km/h. What's more, to give a better grip on the road and more of a sporty look, the chassis has been lowered by 7 mm, the suspension has been revamped and the tailpipe offers a new sportier design.
Following on from the M2 Competition, this latest M5 model is the second in the new separate range. Its price has not yet been disclosed, but is likely to top 130,000 euros, bearing in mind that prices for the standard M5 start at 127,550 euros.
Also Watch: Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV First Look | Cars18
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Facebook Friends Who Met for the First Time During Durga Puja Get Married in 4 Hours
- Nokia 6.2 Launched in India at Rs 15,999: Everything You Need to Know