BS IV Impact: Mahindra Thar Being Sold With a Rs 1 Lakh Discount
These discounts are being offered just for today since it is the last day that allows BS III compliant vehicles to be sold.
Mahindra Thar is being offered with Rs 1 lakh discount. (Photo Courtesy: Mahindra)
The BS IV emission Norms are set to be placed into the Automobile scenario in India starting April 1, 2017, on the orders of the Supreme Court. The law states that no vehicle is to be sold from April 1 onwards which does not comply with the BS IV norms.
As a result, many automobile players are offering huge discounts on their BS-III vehicles. While two-wheeler manufacturers have been impacted relatively more, four-wheeler manufacturers are feeling the heat too.
One of the examples of the discounts being offered is on the popular Mahindra Thar which uses a BS-III compliant engine and is being sold at dealerships at a discount of Rs 1 lakh. This disocunt has been offered on Thar's DI BS III variant which is usually available at a price tag of around Rs 6 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Keep in mind, though, these discounts are being offered just for today since it is the last day that allows BS III compliant motorcycles to be sold.
There are several other discounts being offered by automakers across county to look at too, you can check them all out here.
And if you want to understand what this 'Bharat Stage', or BS in short, is all about and how does this impact you, click here.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Row to Tanushree Dutta’s Courageous Fight: Top 7 Bollywood Controversies of 2018
- IPL Auction: The Complete List of Players Sold in Jaipur
- Wish I Were from Pakistan: Sonu Nigam Takes a Jibe at Music Industry for 'Ignoring' Indian Singers
- Shah Rukh Khan on Zero: If This Film Doesn't Work, Maybe I Won't Get Work for 6 or 10 Months
- WATCH | Runs Made When Team Loses Shouldn't Count: Gambhir
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s