Car Sales Rise 5 Percent, Passenger Vehicle Sales 9 Percent in May
Motorcycle sales last month rose 7.72 percent to 10,60,746 units from 9,84,715 units a year earlier.
Representative Image. (Photo: Reuters)
Domestic passenger vehicle sales grew 8.63 percent to 2,51,642 units in May from 2,31,640 units in the same month last year. Car sales were up 4.8 percent at 1,66,630 units as against 1,58,996 units in May last year, according to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
Motorcycle sales last month rose 7.72 percent to 10,60,746 units from 9,84,715 units a year earlier. Total two-wheeler sales in May grew 11.89 percent to 16,94,325 units as compared to 15,14,334 units in the year-ago month. Sales of commercial vehicles declined by 6.36 percent to 53,457 units in May, SIAM said. Vehicle sales across categories registered a growth of 10.05 percent to 20,35,490 units from 18,49,542 units in May 2016, it added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?