Car Sales Rise 5 Percent, Passenger Vehicle Sales 9 Percent in May
Motorcycle sales last month rose 7.72 percent to 10,60,746 units from 9,84,715 units a year earlier.
Representative Image. (Photo: Reuters)
Domestic passenger vehicle sales grew 8.63 percent to 2,51,642 units in May from 2,31,640 units in the same month last year. Car sales were up 4.8 percent at 1,66,630 units as against 1,58,996 units in May last year, according to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
Motorcycle sales last month rose 7.72 percent to 10,60,746 units from 9,84,715 units a year earlier. Total two-wheeler sales in May grew 11.89 percent to 16,94,325 units as compared to 15,14,334 units in the year-ago month. Sales of commercial vehicles declined by 6.36 percent to 53,457 units in May, SIAM said. Vehicle sales across categories registered a growth of 10.05 percent to 20,35,490 units from 18,49,542 units in May 2016, it added.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- 'Mahi Maar Raha Hai': Twitter Hails Dhoni as India Register Historic ODI Series Win in Australia
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Win Hearts as They Twin in Melbourne, See Pics
- PUBG Mobile 0.10.5 Update Goes Live: Adds Royale Pass Season 5, MK47 Mutant But no Zombie Mode
- Rakul Preet Singh Gives Befitting Reply to Online Hater Who Slut-shamed Her for Her Outfit
- Delhi Bride Gets Shot During Ceremony, Returns From Hospital To Continue Wedding Rituals
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s