Car Sales Rise 5 Percent, Passenger Vehicle Sales 9 Percent in May
Motorcycle sales last month rose 7.72 percent to 10,60,746 units from 9,84,715 units a year earlier.
Representative Image. (Photo: Reuters)
Domestic passenger vehicle sales grew 8.63 percent to 2,51,642 units in May from 2,31,640 units in the same month last year. Car sales were up 4.8 percent at 1,66,630 units as against 1,58,996 units in May last year, according to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
Motorcycle sales last month rose 7.72 percent to 10,60,746 units from 9,84,715 units a year earlier. Total two-wheeler sales in May grew 11.89 percent to 16,94,325 units as compared to 15,14,334 units in the year-ago month. Sales of commercial vehicles declined by 6.36 percent to 53,457 units in May, SIAM said. Vehicle sales across categories registered a growth of 10.05 percent to 20,35,490 units from 18,49,542 units in May 2016, it added.
Recommended For You
- Probe Panel Investigating Sexual Harassment Charges Against BCCI Johri Granted Extension
- #ThisIsNotConsent: Women Are Tweeting Pictures of their Underwear, and you Should Pay Attention
- Jawa, Jawa Forty Two, Jawa Perak Motorcycles Launched in India, Prices Start at Rs 1.55 Lakh
- AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship: Spotlight Again on Mary Kom as World's Best Descend to New Delhi
- Jawa to Launch New 300cc Motorcycle in India Today - Watch It Live Here