Cyclone Fani: Prabhu Asks Airport Authorities to Stay Alert
Fani is expected to hit the Odisha coast on May 3. Other states on the eastern coast, such as West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu are also expected to be affected by it.
All authorities concerned have been alerted so that they are ready to deal with cyclone Fani, Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu said Thursday. Fani is expected to hit the Odisha coast on Friday. Other states on the eastern coast, such as West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu are also expected to be affected by it.
"Alerted all concerned to be ready to deal with Cyclone Fani. Airport Authority of India issued alert to all coastal airports to ensure all precautions, SOPs (standard operating procedures) put in place immediately," Prabhu tweeted.
The Airports Authority of India owns and manages more than 100 airports across India. Prabhu said the situation would be monitored at highest level. "Airlines and all others to be fully ready," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year