Delhi Transport Corporation Approves Procurement of 1,000 Low-Floor AC Buses
DTC already runs 3,900 low-floor buses. According to an official, Delhi requires 10,000 to 15,000 buses to meet its transport requirements.
Image for representation (Picture courtesy: Getty Images)
The Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) approved procurement of 1,000 low-floor air-conditioned buses, Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot said. He said the proposal will soon be tabled before the Cabinet, headed by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, for its approval.
"The DTC Board approves engagement of 1,000 Low Floor AC buses. The Cabinet approval will now be sought," Gahlot tweeted. At present, 1,648 buses are being run by the Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) under Cluster scheme.
DTC Board approves engagement of 1,000 Low Floor AC buses.Cabinet approval will now be sought.— Kailash Gahlot (@kgahlot) August 28, 2018
Another 3,900 low-floor buses are run by the DTC. According to an official, Delhi requires 10,000 to 15,000 buses to meet its transport requirements. The Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) had provided free rides to women in its buses on August 26 to mark the occasion of Raksha Bandhan in the country.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- This Rescued Deer Keeps Coming Back to the Family Who Saved Him
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations