Delta Flight Delayed by Three Hours After Passenger Boards Without Ticket
Passengers who had already boarded the flight had to go through security screening for the second time after the discrepancy was noticed.
File image of the Delta aircraft. (Image: Reuters)
A flight bound to Atlanta was delayed to take-off at the Orlando airport in the US after a passenger managed to board the flight without a ticket. The flight which was scheduled to take off at 10:20 am was delayed by at least three hours before finally departing at 1:16 pm.
Passengers who had already boarded the flight had to go through security screening for the second time after the discrepancy was noticed. A report citing a representative statement from the company conveyed an apology to the passengers while stating that the person without a ticket was removed from the aircraft.
The company also stated that it was working with local law enforcement and the Transportation Security Administration on their investigation and that they are conducting their own review to get to the bottom of the incident.
According to reports, the Orlando Police Department responded to a "suspicious person" and asked the person to leave the airport. The FBI was notified later too.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- In Pursuit of Love, World's Loudest Bird Sings Heart out in 'Theatrical Swivel'