EESL Partners With Apollo to Install EV Charging Stations in Hospitals
EESL has signed a 10-year memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Apollo Hospitals Enterprises to install public electric vehicle charging stations in its hospitals.
Representational Image (Photo: Reuters)
State-run Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) on Sunday said it has signed a 10-year memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Apollo Hospitals Enterprises to install public electric vehicle charging stations in its hospitals across the country.
"This is a first such MoU by EESL with a private partner, to set up public charging infrastructure in the country," the company said in a statement. Under the MoU, EESL will make the entire upfront investment on specified services and deploy qualified manpower for the operation and maintenance of the public charging infrastructure.
"Developing a strong supporting infrastructure is vital to building consumer confidence in electric vehicles (EV). Our MoU with Apollo Hospitals reinforces the role of the private sector in achieving the goal of National Electric Mobility Programme. "Electric mobility is vital to reducing airborne emissions and enhancing air quality, a cause the healthcare sector can resonate with," EESL Director - Projects Venkatesh Dwivedi said. Apollo Hospitals will provide the requisite space and power connections for the charging infrastructure, it added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough