First Electric Car Charging Station of Greater Noida Inaugurated with Temporary Free Services
The State Government has been working out a way around the problem by strengthening the public transport system in the region and organizing events to spread awareness among the masses.
Representational Image (Photo: Reuters)
In a notable step to tackle rising pollution in the NCR region, the Indian Oil in collaboration with National Thermal Corporation has set up a new charging station in Greater Noida. At its onset, charging for electric vehicles at the station will be done free of cost. A total of four vehicles can be charged at a time at the station.
After commencing operations on August 23, the station is reported to be aimed at reducing the pollution in the Greater Noida, Noida, Gurugram, Faridabad and Delhi region. For the past few years, the region is reeling under bouts of pollution with air quality in the poor category.
The State Government has been working out a way around the problem by strengthening the public transport system in the region and organizing events to spread awareness among the masses. Back in 2015, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) had banned petrol vehicles that were older than 15 years and diesel vehicles older than 10 years to curb the serious pollution.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide