Ford Cuts Vehicle Prices by 4.5% Post GST Reform
While the reduction in prices will vary from state to state, the highest cut will be in Mumbai with the company's flagship SUV Endeavour becoming cheaper by up to Rs 3 lakh.
Ford Logo. (Photo: Reuters)
Automaker Ford India has decided to reduce vehicle prices by up to 4.5 percent with immediate effect to pass on the GST benefit to the customers. While the reduction in prices will vary from state to state, the highest cut will be in Mumbai with the company's flagship SUV Endeavour becoming cheaper by up to Rs 3 lakh. "We will pass on the benefits in the range of up to 4.5 percent across the range," a Ford India spokesperson told PTI. In Delhi, the price of hatchback Figo has been cut by Rs 2,000, that of compact SUV Ecosport by up to Rs 8,000. The price of premium SUV Endeavour has been reduced by up to Rs 1.5 lakh. In Mumbai, the prices will go down in the range of Rs 28,000 on Figo to Rs 3 lakh on Endeavour. The company sells a range of vehicles starting from hatchback Figo to premium SUV Endeavour that was priced between Rs 4.75 lakh to Rs 31.5 lakh (ex-showroom). The company, however, did not share details about the revised pricing of its iconic sports car Mustang. Already, various automakers such as Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, and BMW have reduced prices to transmit the GST relief down the line.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'And the Oscar Goes to...': Lazy Horse Acts Dead Every Time Someone Tries to Ride it
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Mozilla Firefox 70 Turns The Tables And Now You Can Track What is Tracking You
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli